Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

If the cow people made cameras

My husband and I were sitting at the kitchen table recently over lunch when the topic of "can a person still buy a film camera?" came up.

" Sure on kijiji, I think"
"no I mean new" he said.
"oh, no I don't think so."

The converstation continues onto prices of digital cameras and why are we still refering to them as digital if we can't buy film cameras anymore.

"good point. ...  I don't know. Some photographers only shoot with film though even still. The quality is unmatched almost I'd say. But you can't see you picture when you take it."

"why haven't the inventers came up with a way to do that." he asked.
"I don't know. Probably because you'd need to pass light through the film to see it and....."
"yeah but we have people who can make a big machine that will milk a cow entirely roboticlly and dip the teets and take its tempature...and you're telling me they can't make a camera that can read both film and digital.?"

"I don't know...Maybe the cow people should build cameras..."

1 comment: