Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Do I dare even admit to this?

My husband and I have a totally different opinions about personal exposure on blogging. Mostly his view is "don't write about me". Thankfully, this is my own hilarious but embarrassing moment. But what is an embarrassing moment if you can't share it with the entire world?
Last night at 3:30am my son woke up. He's teething a lot and we just moved him to a toddler bed. I found him on the floor beside the bed. Must have fell out. I quickly picked him, got his sippy of water and tried to sooth him by rocking him in the rocking chair.
(Now if you don't know I'm around 7months pregnant which is really important to this story!)
At this time I noticed that I had to go to the bathroom. This is pretty common on prego women in the night; and when you have to go you have to go. It is like you had to go for hours and the driver of the car just passed 3 rest stops on your vacation trip.
Like a flood gate is on the verge of bursting and only a little stick man in holding up the blockage. It is a desperate time when a pregnant woman has to pee. And believe me, how much I love my hubby I have nearly thrown him out of the way if he stands between me and the bathroom at such a moment.
So there I was. 3:30am, sleepy, crying/sniffaly baby/toddler in my arms, rocking like a great ship at sea on that rocking chair just trying to move enough so the urge would pass. But there was no luck. And my toddler wasn't about to sleep with the rave rocking going on.
I thought about just putting him to bed quick and running downstairs but I knew he'd cry. I thought, "fine, I'll take him with me!" but as I looked over my shoulder at the door I noticed the baby gate was up. Groan. Frankly by this point there was no way I could ever lift my leg to get over that gate. There would be the puddle of the century at his door.
I scratched franticlly for ideas as I thought I may be soon washing the rocking chair sitting pillow in the morning.
And then!
As if a light from heaven shone down to save me from the impending call of nature! There it was! A Royal Pottie!
Beaming through the darkness like a lighthouse on the shore of a raging sea. I was saved!
sigh

I don't think I need to include too much detail here as many of you could imagine what happend from here on out.

What I will tell you is that there was no greater fear in me (and laughter) at that moment than the thought that Tim might wake up, hear the "royal tune" that that blessed pottie makes and come down the hall to a sight I don't think I would ever live down.

3 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA I am STILL laughing from when you told me this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Oh Erin!!!!! This made my day!!!!

    Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the stuff you expose people 2 erin lol oh my you will have to ask me about my potty story some time:)

    ReplyDelete