Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

midwife

I'm thinking of changing midwives and I'm 7 1/2 month along. Why you may ask. Well, honestly I'm just not comfortable with the one I have. Oh she's nice enough and competent. However, ever since I've walked into her office I've been bombarded with books about 'the power of woman' and how the power we have inside ourselves and how circumcision is cruel and brutal ect... Even my husband isn't a real fan of this one. 
When he asked me months earlier if I was okay with this midwife to bring us through labor at home I said "sure of course!". Because truth be told she is quite capable and knowledgeable on the subject of delivering babies. 
What bothers me is that I don't want to be in the middle of labor telling a woman that I don't agree with her spiritual point of view that "all the power is within us", or "we heal ourselves". Its a load of crap if you ask me! I'm more along the lines of "greater is He who is in me than He who is in the world" or "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Reference, the bible.
We differ on hypnotherapy, I don't agree with it. 
She's kept the booklet I'm suppose to bring home with all the medical stuff in it.
When I brought my son in who is a toddler, she didn't even regard him and then commented that girls are not nearly as loud as boys.
Overall she just kinda seems like a feminist. And I, not so much. 
So!at 7 1/2 months pregnant I've decided to change midwives. I may explain to this midwife why I am moving along to a different midwife. I may be a coward and not. Underneath I wonder if I explained this all lets say , in a letter, would it make a difference. Probably not. But then again, feedback in nice to get, even if its not great feedback. I'd have to be gentle on it I suppose.

Here is to hoping I find a new midwife in time. Looking to do a home birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment