Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Canadian Tire Boasts Tiny Carts

Today I brought my toddler son out to the store he will later consider the only place to shop at, as many other men do. Canadian Tire.
Yes a place where men can be men. Strolling the isles like hairy long lost campers looking for a wrench.
As a woman I find the parts department to be of special interest to the male population. They all gather around the long ordering counter. And as the youth who was only hired an hour ago comes to them and asks what they are looking for they are then required to name off any rendition of their car or truck they can manage. For instance. ..
"What can I get for you?"
"Well I'm looking for a rear lamp for a 1998 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 with a 4 cyclinder engine."
A woman's answer would be....
"Well...I have a 1998 Jeep Wrangler and I my back light is broke. Do you have one of those?"


And what baffles me is they almost always do. What kind of storage do they have back there I wonder.


On a different note. Why does Canadian Tire have tiny carts? If you went to another store the comparison would make the CT carts look like kiddy carts. Which is really funny looking when a grown man is pushing this tiny cart. Perhaps its so they look like they ARE bigger and stronger in comparison to the cart. Tiny cart makes for a large ego.


In most cases the men there don't use carts. No, they browse the isles looking at items and usually only picking up a few things. If they want to buy more they bring their wife who then proceeds to drive the tiny cart around for them.


In my home you wouldn't dare throw out the CT flyer. The only reason we haven't put up one of those signs on our mail box (no junk mail) is because he wants the flyer.
Sales always come up there. And not small ones either. 50% or 75% off sales. Makes me feel bad to ever buy anything there at full price.


So my son was as content as a toddler can be in Canadian Tire. Yes, we strolled the isles and avoided strange men. And young men avoided us as we were the mom with a kid routine. 
I know one day all my seasonal gifts from him will come from there. That place must be packed at Christmas time with men all over asking...what should we get mom?

My advice is leave that store and go get her a gift certificate to a spa or chocolates. 



1 comment: