Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Update 1

Went to see the midwife today. It amazes me how much I like having a midwife. I had one for my first birth and couldn't imagine it any other way.

Laura, the midwife, is a woman who is maybe 10 years my senior. Came from the states with her Dr. husband and now resides here working with the pregnant ladies in the area. I always wonder how that worked out that they met. Midwives tend to give more of a herbal point of view while dr.'s lean towards the prescription end of things.

So all is fine and good. There is still a baby in there. She confirmed that it didn't escape in the night and go join the circus as the bearded baby.

Whew. I'm so relieved.
This is it doing a tumble roll. Part of the circus act I'm sure:)

And here is its karate chop move in case it wants to get into action movies later on in life.

To be honest I'm not as overly excited as I was the first time. I would describe my feelings about it all as being content. Not overly happy and not sad. Just content.
Its like anything I think. Once you know the work that it takes to have one and raise one your a little more conservative with your emotions.
Overall I'm just glad my feet and legs haven't blown up with fluid like last time. And my wedding rings still fit! Yay, still married!

No comments:

Post a Comment